RNR Moving of Atlanta has had a wonderful summer, but with Georgia’s sizzling hot weather, we are definitely looking forward to the cooler temperatures that fall will bring. So keeping this lovely, cool thought in mind, let’s go over a list of Fall Events in Georgia that people across the state look forward to every year!
- Yellow Daisy Festival (Sept. 10th – 13th) – Stone Mountain Park hosts this annual festival full of food trucks, 400 plus arts and crafts booths, kids area and ‘men’s den’ with TVs showing various sports’ games.
- Oktoberfest (Sept. 10th – Nov. 1st) – This German inspired fall festival is held in the alpine-themed village of Helen, Ga., located just two hours away from Atlanta. Helen’s Oktoberfest offers Georgia mountain views, brats, beer, polka music and more!
- Jekyll Island’s Shrimp & Grits Festival (Sept. 18th – 20th) – If you live near the coast or are looking to have a nearby weekend getaway, why not add some great food to your staycation / vacation? This delicious festival offers shrimp cook-offs, shrimp boats tours, the main attraction dish – shrimp and grits, plus craft beers and relaxing evening concerts to end the night right.
- Taste of Atlanta (Sept. 25th – 27th) – If you are moving to Atlanta, this is one of the ‘must do’ festivals for you! Featuring local chefs and over 90 restaurants, this annual Midtown food fest is the best way to sample the culinary varieties of ALL of our unique Atlanta neighborhoods! 2015 is the festival’s 14th year running, and it has never looked better! Eat up!
2015 Fall Fairs
- North Georgia State Fair (Sept. 24th – Oct. 4th) – Visitors can find this 12 day fair in Marietta ‘s Jim R. Miller Park every year. Some of the great attractions include: food vendors, midway, concerts, amusement rides, animal shows, carnival shows, bike show, beauty pageants, car show, flower show, exhibits and much, much more! **Ticket Tip: Buy discount tickets for admission and rides cheaper at Metro-Atlanta Walgreens locations from Aug. 24th until Sept. 25th; it saves you 50% (so more money for fair food!).
- Georgia National Fair (Oct. 8th – 18th) – Located in Perry, Ga., this 11 day annual fair has everything that typically comes to mind: amusement rides big and small, concerts, livestock, fine arts and home competitions, vendors, games, fireworks, circus, cotton candy, caramel apples and just about anything and everything you can fry! Attracting well over 400,000 in its short time open, this is one serious fall fair!
Other Georgia Fall Fairs/Fests:
- Georgia Mountain Fall Festival (Oct. 9th – 17th) – Hiawassee, Ga.
- Georgia Apple Festival (Oct. 10th – 18th) – Ellijay, Ga.
- Gold Rush Days (Oct. 17th – 18th) – Dahlonega, Ga.
- Calvary Mule Day (Nov. 6th – 7th) – Calvary, Ga.
- Bostwick Cotton Gin Festival (Nov. 7th) – Madison, Ga.
RNR Moving is looking forward to the fall and these fun Georgia events; however, if you need help moving while it is still summer, please call us right away to schedule your move date. Our expert movers are happy to help no matter what season it is! Also, please remember to ask for your FREE local move price when you call us at 678-838-9775.