Imagine, you just moved into your new home. Your belongings have been delivered and accounted for but everything is packed away in a box. Imagine that it’s 9 pm and you haven’t eaten since breakfast and all you want to do is take a shower, put on some PJs, eat some pizza and start to get settled. The last thing you want to do is start having to rifle through your boxes to try and find the bare necessities to be comfortable. To help ease the pain of unpacking, be sure to pack an “unpack first” box. This handy box of miscellaneous, can’t-live-without items can be a lifesaver when you finally move into your new home. Here are some of the essentials:
- Your shower curtain (or even just the liner), shower rings and cleanser to get cleaned up after moving all day.
- You may not have a table and chairs yet, but having plates, paper towels, silverware and cups will be a great place to start. Even if your first meal consists of late-night delivery pizza on your dining room floor.
- Chargers for your electronic devices.
- An air mattress if you know bed assembly isn’t happening that night
- Sheets and pillows, even if they are only for your air mattress.
- A lamp(or two if possible)- Sometimes new homes don’t come with overhead lighting in every room and spare lighting can be handy upon move in.
tip: Label your unpack first box in a bold way and make sure it is accessible upon arrival to your new home!
Our Atlanta movers are here to make the moving process as easy as possible. For more packing tips or information on our moving service, be sure to contact us here.