As a new year dawns, many people make resolutions. Among the most common are to eat better, exercise more, or lose weight, and these all have to do with your general health. This is why it is surprising that many people neglect their overall health when in stressful situations, such as a move. When you are embarking on a move, it is the most important time to maintain good health. Here are some of RNR Moving’s tips to keep yourself healthy when moving!
- Be sure to eat healthy, even when you’re on the road: you will probably be eating out more than normal, but there are usually healthy menu options if you look for them
- Drink tons of water: Even if you do not think you are thirsty, you are probably forgetting to drink, as you are so busy. Take a minute, and have some water.
- Stock up on healthy snacks: Not only are vending machines not the best sources of healthy food, but if you are on the road, there may not even be any. Bring your own snacks, and you are in complete control!
- Stock up on hand sanitizer: There may not always be a sink with soap…be prepared!
- If traveling by plane, be sure to wipe down tray tables and arm rests to reduce germs: You never know who was there before you!
- If traveling by plane, avoid touching escalator handrails, as they are some of the dirtiest places in the airport: If you need to hold on, use a sleeve of your sweater that can be washed later
- Schedule medical check-ups before your move: You will be busy with your move; the last thing you want to worry about is your wellness visit
- Bring your own pillow or blanket, if traveling by plane or by car: Not only is this the best way to ensure your comfort, you also know exactly where it has been
- Take time to de-stress and breathe: The most important of all, take time for yourself!
Happy moving, and if you need us, contact us!