Do you know what to do when you’re moving? Check out RNR Moving‘s guide to keeping track of everything you need to do during a move!
- Contact RNR Moving, and let us know your projected move date
- Research your new city. Find out which banks, doctors, and schools you will use and gather proper paperwork.
- Make a list of businesses you should contact in order to change your address, keeping in mind your online accounts as well.
- Asses your closet and donate clothes you no longer want. Go through rooms of your house and do the same, donating unwanted items in the process.
- Contact your child’s new school to make the transition easier.
- Start the packing process by packing infrequently used items, seasonal items, and things in storage.
- Fill out your official change-of-address form
- Request vacation time if needed for your move
- Double check with us that everything is in place
- Do a final check of address changes, insurance, and odds and ends before the move
- Fill all prescriptions, and make sure everyone has their medication in their suitcase
- Withdraw cash for any unexpected expenses.
- Schedule your turn-off date for utilities one day after your move-out date, and one day before your move-in date at your new place
- Pack a suitcase for about two weeks…don’t forget comfy clothes!
- Check in with RNR one last time to ensure everything is ready to go
- Let RNR pack your belongings
- Confirm arrival time of moving van or truck.
- Be sure someone is there to answer mover’s questions
- Celebrate your new beginning!